I am not an expert on bipolar disorder... I just live with it. This is my blog of hope and encouragement.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's a New Day

I did not sleep well last night which will likely affect my day. I've been manic now for several weeks, trying to hold down the spending of money I don't have, throwing out stuff I've been holding on to for years, working on the yard for the first time in as long, and juggling the racing, jostling thoughts of disaster and fear.

But it's a new day and I have the chance to decide how it goes. I want to spend the day working on my book and perhaps painting in the afternoon. I went to painting class yesterday and painted an abstract that most people liked but I find comical and irritating...but I painted it. It was in me. (It's too pink.) I'll try to post it later so you can see.

I can't control my moods but I have some control over my intentions. If this turns out to be another manic day, I may get a lot done but never actually settle down to write. Perhaps I'll edit what I've already written. That will give me some structure which always helps. Whatever happens, it's starting out to be a beautiful day and I am blessed to have a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment