I am not an expert on bipolar disorder... I just live with it. This is my blog of hope and encouragement.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Crass

Totally unrelated to the meaning of Easter, I love to partake of the celebration of Easter as if it were the first official day of Spring. This year I purchased a statue of a rabbit standing upright, holding a bunch of carrots behind his back. Around him I spread bright green grass. In the wee hours this morning, I arranged brightly colored eggs and foil-wrapped chocolate 'carrots.' My children still love to see what the Easter Bunny brought.

Then there's the clothes. Regardless of whether I go to church, I still feel the need to have a new outfit for Easter. This year it's a black and white dress complete with black and white, wide-brimmed hat. I am decked out.

I'd have gone to church if I didn't have to work today. And, yes, I'm wearing the hat to work. But something's bothering me. As much fun as all of this is, I feel the lack of a spiritual celebration. I've never done the stations of the cross...I don't even know what it is. But I think I would have gotten a lot more out of Easter had I participated.

Jesus Christ is risen today...

No comments:

Post a Comment